Aust launches raid on our best and brightest
new-zealand-national-party
Wed May 10 2006 12:00:00 GMT+1200 (New Zealand Standard Time)
Aust launches raid on our best and brightest
Wednesday, 10 May 2006, 9:09 am
Press Release: New Zealand National Party
Don Brash MP National Party Leader
10 May 2006
Aust launches raid on our best and brightest
National Party Leader Don Brash says all New Zealanders should be concerned by the latest twist in Australia's raid on our best and brightest.
"The significance of the across-the-board tax cuts announced overnight in Australia should not be overlooked," says Dr Brash.
"For New Zealand this means more competition for the skills that we need to keep our economy growing.
"The Labour Government doesn't have the first clue about putting the right incentives into the economy to allow people to get ahead under their own steam.
"In contrast, a National government would have put the right incentives in place.
"Last month was an opportunity lost in New Zealand, because on 1 April a National government would have introduced the first tranche of its extensive tax cuts package.
"Instead, we have seen the Australian Government yet again cut taxes.
"Substantial tax cuts are most definitely on the agenda for the next National government.
"By then, of course, we will have lost thousands more of our best and brightest people across the Tasman. The public can thank Labour for that."
ENDS
Advertisement - scroll to continue reading
Advertisement - scroll to continue reading
a.supporter:hover {background:#EC4438!important;} @media screen and (max-width: 480px) { #byline-block div.byline-block {padding-right:16px;}}
Using Scoop for work?
Scoop is free for personal use, but you’ll need a licence for work use. This is part of our Ethical Paywall and how we fund Scoop. Join today with plans starting from less than $3 per week, plus gain access to exclusive Pro features.
Join Pro Individual Find out more
Find more from New Zealand National Party on InfoPages.