National fronts up with submissions
new-zealand-national-party
Mon Oct 21 2002 13:00:00 GMT+1300 (New Zealand Daylight Time)
National fronts up with submissions
Monday, 21 October 2002, 4:04 pm
Press Release: New Zealand National Party
National fronts up with submissions
National has today delivered close to 100 submissions to the Government Administration select committee inquiry looking into the rotting homes crisis.
Submissions to the inquiry into the weathertightness of buildings, which will investigate concerns raised in the Building Industry Authority report, close today.
National’s Housing spokesperson, Wayne Mapp, says the large number of submissions posted on National’s http:// http://www.leakyhomes.co.nz website proves that many affected homeowners are looking to National for help in pursuing the issue.
“George Hawkins’ statement last week that he’d received only 15 letters from affected homeowners is in stark contrast to the pile of submissions we delivered to the select committee clerk this afternoon.
“The plain fact is that home ownership is a big part of the New Zealand way of life and this crisis is affecting tens of thousands of people.
“These people are looking to the Government for action, but all they’ve seen so far is George Hawkins playing a desperate game of catch-up. He talks of the Government being solution-focussed, but the only answers he’s come up with so far are the ones supplied by National,” says Dr Mapp.
Advertisement - scroll to continue reading
Advertisement - scroll to continue reading
a.supporter:hover {background:#EC4438!important;} @media screen and (max-width: 480px) { #byline-block div.byline-block {padding-right:16px;}}
Using Scoop for work?
Scoop is free for personal use, but you’ll need a licence for work use. This is part of our Ethical Paywall and how we fund Scoop. Join today with plans starting from less than $3 per week, plus gain access to exclusive Pro features.
Join Pro Individual Find out more
Find more from New Zealand National Party on InfoPages.